Planning is a corner stone to doing business efficiently. To help companies understand the symptoms of not planning I have tried to generate a list of common symptoms. Hopefully this will help anyone who is suffering from these symptoms to take notice before they become too bogged down.
- Board and committee meetings last three or four hours.
- Poor participation and attendance at meetings.
- Good ideas come out but nothing seems to get down.
- Organization seems to focus on crisis after crisis.
- Hard to know when to take advantage of an opportunity.
- Agenda for meetings seem to ramble without focus. Organizations has a hodge-podge of seemingly unrelated projects.
- People don’t follow through on their commitments.
- Quick start, but slow finish to each year.
- Blind-sided by outside factors or events.
- Can’t attract outside money to fund critical projects.
- Fifteen people on the board, but four people do all the work.
- Hard to communicate the important progress an organization has made over the years
I hope that some of these thoughts that I have shared with you today will help you to foresee problems within your own planning environment and take the relevant steps to prevent these types of issues from occurring. If you know anyone who might be suffering from these symptoms or if you yourself might be seeing these same problems then please don’t hesitate to contact the Newman Partnership Ltd. to arrange a free season on how we can help you deal with the symptoms of not planning.